Renault Laguna (1990)
Laguna is a roadster which is dedicated to “driving for the love of it”. It’s a 100 percent driver’s car, which still manages to make significant contributions to technological innovation in the area of passive safety. There’s no windscreen or roof to come between driver and the experience of driving. It’s the ideal car for any couple of getaway driving enthusiasts.
The 1996 Renault Spider was descended from the Laguna Roadster concept.
- 2.0-litre turbocharged engine developing 210bhp: 0-100kph in 6 seconds, standing start kilometre in 25.2 seconds
- Semi-automatic, pneumatic strut-assisted gullwing doors
- Forward-located cabin with wind deflector and aft-sliding tonneau cover for easy passenger access
- Electrically-operated seats with foldaway head restraints and semi-integral safety harnesses
- Driver and passenger wear protective visor with built-in infra-red radio transceiver
- Intelligent safety rollbar, invisible in normal driving conditions, detects serious safety risks and deploys in 1/10th of a second