Renault Pangea (1997)
Pangea is a purpose-built scientific and environmental exploration vehicle. It features an integrated trailer to provide an independent power source for the electric-LPG hybrid drive unit.
The exterior styling of the Pangea provided the template for the Renault Kangoo that went into production the same year.
- Satellite antenna for communication with the whole planet
- External temperature, relative humidity and air quality sensors
- 360° panoramic camera in roof-mounted turret for all-round vision
- On-board analysis lab and communications centre
- 60/40 split rear doors and sliding side door
- Hybrid drive unit using batteries or alternator driven by LPG turbine
- Two-box architecture
- Built-in winch in front spoiler
- Lighting by directional spotlamps and ceiling-mounted soft-light mini-spotlamps